You’ve watched so many movies and thought, “I could do this,” but when you sat down to start, you found yourself staring at the screen, thinking, “how in the hell do I do this?” Well, let’s make it happen. This virtual workshop invites aspiring screenwriters of all levels who want to tell a story. Together, we’ll dig deeper into building dynamic characters, script structure, formatting, and of course, writing! We’ll also find ways to encourage each other, encourage our own works, and encourage our future as creatives – as writers.
In this weekly workshop, we’ll:
- – Create dynamic characters
- – Start (and just maybe finish) a script we’re proud of
- – Learn structure, format, development, etc.
- – Write openly and honestly without judgment
- – Affirm our inner creative, writer, and artist
- – Call out the things that are blocking us
- – Create a community of support
- – Challenge ourselves as creative beings
And yes, we will be sharing our work.
What You’ll Need:
- – Laptop
- – Script writing software (There are free programs out there, including Celtx)
- – Great Wifi or Data Connection
- – A comfortable seat
- – Positive energy
This scriptwriting workshop will foster an environment that will encourage you to confidently call yourself an screenwriter. You will cultivate techniques and rituals that will fuel your creativity and give you the audacity to integrate it all into your daily life.
When you sign up, there will be homework prior to the start date. Don’t worry, it’ll be fun.
Workshop Dates: January 8 – January 29 (Every Sunday @ 7PM EST)